May 22, 2006

Israeli war crimes against Brits?

The UK's Attorney General, Lord Goldsmith, is flying out to Israel today, according to the Guardian, to investigate the killing of two British citizens: Tom Hurndall and James Miller. The primary reason for Goldsmith's visit isn't quite clear as it is said that he is
flying out to give a lecture, but would also take the opportunity to meet Israeli ministers and high-ranking military officials to try to ascertain the full facts on the deaths.

Speaking before he left for Tel Aviv yesterday, he said: "The meetings are being set up through usual diplomatic channels and I have every reason to think the Israeli authorities will be open and give me full cooperation. I need to consider myself whether there ought to be prosecutions here in either of these cases."
I'm not sure what gives him "every reason to think the Israeli authorities will be open and give me full cooperation" given the various attempts at a cover-up by Israel and the fact that no Israeli official would attend a coroner's court in the UK recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment