February 13, 2007

Spot the difference at Comment is free

The comment space to Linda Grant's article, Other voices, other lives, has been updated today. Just in case you haven't read the post before this one, I left a comment on Linda Grant's article, criticising what she had written about siding with the zionist establishment in this country and linking to where she has done that before. There followed some attacks on me by zionists to which I responded. Two of the comments mentioned me having some beef or other with Linda Grant, one in particular mentioned her threatening me with libel action. Then Linda Grant came in with this little gem:
The topic of my post is the IJV manifesto and my contention that the signatories should take the debate into the Jewish community itself. The topic is not wartime Nazi collaboration which can and has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere. Additionally, the site's editor has removed links to libellous material about this newspaper and will continue to do so whenever they are posted.
That last line seemed to be aimed at me so I checked to see if my comments were still there and they had gone. All the attacks on me remained. So I complained and complained and complained. Eventually I got a reply to the effect that my complaint was being looked into.

So now look at Linda Grant's last comment:
The topic of my post is the IJV manifesto and my contention that the signatories should take the debate into the Jewish community itself. The topic is not wartime Nazi collaboration which can and has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere.
See that? The offending line is gone. All that is left is a zionist telling commentors what they are not allowed to comment on.

The bizarre part of all of this is that out of the protagonists here, I was the one who remained on topic with the article and subsequent posts by zionists. It was zionists who steered off topic and veered into libel.

No comments:

Post a Comment