March 11, 2007

What did Tony Blair know and when?

I'm a bit late with this, I know. It was in Friday's Guardian. I just can't sit down at the pc much these days so my posts (and my hits) are down. Anyway, finally there's been a admission that Israel's bomardment of Lebanon last summer was pre-planned:
Preparations for Israel's war in Lebanon last summer were drawn up at least four months before two Israeli soldiers were kidnapped by Hizbullah in July, Ehud Olmert, the prime minister, has admitted.
Ok, we all knew that anyway, many even said so at the time and no one, but no one, believes anything Israel's spokespersons say anymore. The point that interested me most was raised in the Independent thus:
But the report will fuel claims by some international critics of the operation that Israel, and perhaps the US, had for some time decided in favour of a military confrontation with the Lebanese group.
So the US was in on it. Well of course the US was in on it. The US supplied so much of the weaponry. But so much of the weaponry came through the UK. Perhaps it wouldn't surprise anyone if whole chunks of UK airports lie unused just waiting for an American or Israeli contingency but I suspect America, Israel and the UK colluded in this from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment