March 05, 2008

A self-hater speaks

I've just tracked back a hit from the Red Star Coven blog and I'm quite chuffed to have my blog mentioned there. But enough about me. The guy does some serious surfing and also manages to take in a bit of Comment is free. I don't do much of either, but I said enough about me. He has a good quote from Mike Marqusee from yesterday's Comment is free:
Anti-Zionist Jews are not and do not claim to be any more authentic or representative than any other Jews, nor is their protest against Israel any more valid than a non-Jew's. But "If I am not for myself", then the Zionists will claim to be for me, will usurp my voice and my Jewishness. Since each Israeli atrocity is justified by the exigencies of Jewish survival, each calls forth a particular witness from anti-Zionist Jews, whose very existence contradicts the Zionist claim to speak for all Jews everywhere.
Well put! as that funny little man in Fiddler on the Roof said.

No comments:

Post a Comment